Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The above fee includes administration fee and course handout material
- Monday 23rd September to Friday 27th September (block course)
- Thursday 7th November, Thursday 14th November, Tuesday 19th November, Thursday 28th November & Tuesday 3rd December.
- Tuesday 12th November to Tuesday 10th December (one-day a week)
This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering group of staff and worksforce.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
The course is endorsed by Build UK as a standard training for all managers working on Build UK Sites.
Aims and objectives
To held site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- develop an understanding of responsibility for site health, safety and welfare and recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to implement or state:
- all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- new guidance and industry best practice
- their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Health and safety: facts and figures, accident prevention
- Health and safety systems in the UK
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Health and safety and the manager
- Implementing health and safety legislation
- Management of contractors
- The working environment
- Working at Height
- Health and Safety Management for plant, equipment and Systems of work
- Managing construction health risk
- Monitoring health and safety
- Communication health and safety
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
SMSTS Course Duration
5 days – One day a week
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Posted 13 Nov 2019
The Construction Health and Safety Group is proud to announce that we have produced an A6 booklet to summarises the new BS 5975: 2019 Code of Pra...
Posted 15 Aug 2019
CHSG’s 2020 Annual Awards Dinner Date Revealed! Thursday 14 May 2020 Following the success of previous years, CHSG have confirme...
Posted 15 Jul 2019
Pinsent Mason Free event......
Posted 27 Jun 2019