Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The above fee includes administration fee and course handout material
The courses are held at the John Ryder Training Centre, Chertsey Surrey KT16 9DG
Thursday 8th February to Thursday 8th March 2018 (one-day a week)
Tuesday 1st May to Tuesday 29th May 2018 (one-day a week)
Thursday 5th July to Thursday 2nd August 2018 (one-day a week)
Thursday 13th September to Thursday 11th October 2018 (one-day a week)
This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering group of staff and worksforce.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
The course is endorsed by Build UK as a standard training for all managers working on Build UK Sites.
Aims and objectives
To held site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- develop an understanding of responsibility for site health, safety and welfare and recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to implement or state:
- all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- new guidance and industry best practice
- their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Health and safety: facts and figures, accident prevention
- Health and safety systems in the UK
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Health and safety and the manager
- Implementing health and safety legislation
- Management of contractors
- The working environment
- Working at Height
- Health and Safety Management for plant, equipment and Systems of work
- Managing construction health risk
- Monitoring health and safety
- Communication health and safety
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
SMSTS Course Duration
5 days – One day a week
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018
The Beaumont Safety Trophy is awarded annually to the individual or company for the best new device or method of working impleme...
Posted 25 Sep 2017
We are pleased to let you know that BS 5975:2018 – Code of practice for temporary works procedures and the permissible stress design of fal...
Posted 21 Sep 2017
Welcome to Great Britain Health & Wellbeing Week Great Britain Health and Wellbeing Week 2017 23td October to 27th October Good heal...
Posted 28 Jun 2017