Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The above fee includes administration fee and course handout material
Tuesday 22nd January to Tuesday 19th February 2019 (one-day a week)
Friday 7th June to Friday 5th July 2019 (one-day a week)
Monday 1st July 2019 to Monday 29th July 2019 (one-day a week)
Friday 6th September to Friday 4th October 2019 (one-day a week)
Tuesday 12th November to Tuesday 10th December (one-day a week)
This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering group of staff and worksforce.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
The course is endorsed by Build UK as a standard training for all managers working on Build UK Sites.
Aims and objectives
To held site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- develop an understanding of responsibility for site health, safety and welfare and recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to implement or state:
- all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- new guidance and industry best practice
- their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Health and safety: facts and figures, accident prevention
- Health and safety systems in the UK
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Health and safety and the manager
- Implementing health and safety legislation
- Management of contractors
- The working environment
- Working at Height
- Health and Safety Management for plant, equipment and Systems of work
- Managing construction health risk
- Monitoring health and safety
- Communication health and safety
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
SMSTS Course Duration
5 days – One day a week
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
CHSG’s 2020 Annual Awards Dinner Date Revealed! Thursday 16th April 2020 Following the success of previous years, CHSG have confir...
Posted 15 Jul 2019
Pinsent Mason Free event......
Posted 27 Jun 2019
FRIDAY 26TH JULY 2019 (AM) The Group is pleased to announce a date has now been confirmed for the half day seminar on the new version of BS5975 w...
Posted 21 Jun 2019
View the highlights from CHSG’s 2018 annual awards dinner hosted in March 2019. The 2018 Construction Health & Safety Group’s Ann...
Posted 19 Jun 2019