Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The above fee includes administration fee and course handout material
Monday 12th November to Monday 10th December 2018 (one-day a week)
Tuesday 22nd January to Tuesday 19th February 2019 (one-day a week)
Friday 24th April to Friday 21th June 2019 (one-day a week)
Monday 1st July 2019 to Monday 29th July 2019 (one-day a week)
Friday 6th September to Friday 4th October 2019 (one-day a week)
Tuesday 12th November to Tuesday 10th December (one-day a week)
This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering group of staff and worksforce.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures, and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
The course is endorsed by Build UK as a standard training for all managers working on Build UK Sites.
Aims and objectives
To held site managers, agents and supervisors to:
- manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- develop an understanding of responsibility for site health, safety and welfare and recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to implement or state:
- all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- new guidance and industry best practice
- their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Health and safety: facts and figures, accident prevention
- Health and safety systems in the UK
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Health and safety and the manager
- Implementing health and safety legislation
- Management of contractors
- The working environment
- Working at Height
- Health and Safety Management for plant, equipment and Systems of work
- Managing construction health risk
- Monitoring health and safety
- Communication health and safety
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
SMSTS Course Duration
5 days – One day a week
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
CHSG would like to wish Paul Hems every success on 2019 London Marathon. Paul is joining the push back by running the 2019 Virgin Lond...
Posted 07 Mar 2019
As you are aware, a major review of the 5975 Code of Practice has been under way for some time. That work is now nearing completion and the fin...
Posted 08 Aug 2018
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018