The above fee includes registration, certification and handout material.
The courses below are held at the John Ryder Training Centre, Chertsey Surrey Kt16 9DG
12/13 March 2018
23/24 July 2018
2/3 October 2018
This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
The course endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK Sites.
Aims and objectives
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- ow they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- understand how health and safety law is structured, and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
- the role of the supervisor
- health and safety law
- health and safety at work act
- health and safety enforcement
- safe systems of work
- hazard identification
- risk assessment
- drugs and alcohol
- health monitoring
- regulatory reform (Fire Order) 2006
- fire prevention (Fire Plan)
- method staement
- principal of prevention
- special considerations
- health and safety management
- safety policies measuring performance
- permit systems
- respiratory risks
- fire prevention/control and other emergencies
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018
As you are aware the CITB have developed a National Training Directory which lists all construction and construction related training that will b...
Posted 24 Apr 2018
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018