The above fee includes registration, certification and handout material.
12/13 March 2019
6/7 June 2019
23/24 September 2019
21/22 November 2019
This two-day course is intended for those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities. It provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
The course endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK Sites.
Aims and objectives
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- ow they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand the problems of the industry
- understand how health and safety law is structured, and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
- the role of the supervisor
- health and safety law
- health and safety at work act
- health and safety enforcement
- safe systems of work
- hazard identification
- risk assessment
- drugs and alcohol
- health monitoring
- regulatory reform (Fire Order) 2006
- fire prevention (Fire Plan)
- method staement
- principal of prevention
- special considerations
- health and safety management
- safety policies measuring performance
- permit systems
- respiratory risks
- fire prevention/control and other emergencies
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
FRIDAY 26TH JULY 2019 (AM) The Group is pleased to announce a date has now been confirmed for the half day seminar on the new version of BS5975 w...
Posted 21 Jun 2019
View the highlights from CHSG’s 2018 annual awards dinner hosted in March 2019. The 2018 Construction Health & Safety Group’s Ann...
Posted 19 Jun 2019
From magicians to stand-up comedy and prestigious awards, the 2019 Annual Awards broke previous records. The 2019 Construction Health & Safet...
Posted 04 Jun 2019
CHSG would like to wish Paul Hems every success on 2019 London Marathon. Paul is joining the push back by running the 2019 Virgin Lond...
Posted 07 Mar 2019