Directors Role for Health & Safety
The courses below are held at the John Ryder Training Centre, Chertsey Surrey KT16 9DG
8 June 2017
5 October 2017
This one-day interactive course has been designed for company directors with the aim of recognising the human and financial implications of health and safety legislation non-compliance. The course will provide a summary of how to promote a positive organisational culture for health and safety. Workshop exercises throughout the day will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities in an open forum. The day concludes with delegates preparing an action plan for use when they return to the workplace. This will include a checklist to utilise within their organisation that will help to ensure compliance with legislation.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the moral, economic and legal costs/implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
- Understand the importance of strategic management of risks
- Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health & safety effectively
- Understand the importance of competent duty holders co-operating, communicating and co-ordinating health & safety throughout the whole project
- Recognise the need to appoint competent health and safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment
- Identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health and safety culture into their organisation
- The Health and Safety Strategy Influences
- Getting it Right
- Plan, Deliver, Monitor & Review, CDM and Duty Holders Roles
- Putting people to work safely
ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Steve Hails MSc, CMIOSH, PIEMA Chartered Safety & Health Practitioner Director of Health, Safety & Wellbeing Tideway A Chartered Member ...
Posted 28 Jun 2017
Another well successful and well attended even with 200 + guest on Thursday 23rd March at the Radisson Blu Hotel, London. The guests were kept en...
Posted 02 May 2017
Jim C Laney – Life Vice-President 1930 – 2017 It is with great sadness to inform you that our life Vice-President J C Laney sadly pa...
Posted 23 Jan 2017
Full details will be available shortly...
Posted 05 Oct 2016