Emergency First Aid at Work course
22 January 2016
The course will provide theoretical and practical training in basic life saving first aid.
Every employer, even those with less than five employees, must carry out an assessment of the risk in their workplace and must decide what level of First Aid provision they must provide. Issues to consider could include the type of work activities taking place, what possible injuries might occur, the size of the workplace, the layout of the workplace, the proximity to emergency services etc.. Consideration must also be given to making sure that there is sufficient number of trained personnel to cover sickness, annual leave etc.. Where injuries in the workplace are likely to be relatively minor, such as cuts, then this course may be more suitable than the full 3 day First Aid at Work.
At the end of the course, delegates will be trained to act as Emergency First Aider in their workplace.
Course Content – as required by The Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (as amended)
- The Role of the First Aider
- The priorities of first aid
- The importance of preventing Cross Infection
- Managing an accident – Assessing the Situation – Act SAFE act PROMPTLY – be Effective
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty – The Recovery Position
- The Choking Casualty
- Shock – Recognition, Cause – Treatment
- Wounds and the control of bleeding
- Common minor workplace injuries – cuts, grazes, bruises, splinters, minor burns and scalds
- Recording incidents and First Aid actions
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018
The Beaumont Safety Trophy is awarded annually to the individual or company for the best new device or method of working impleme...
Posted 25 Sep 2017
We are pleased to let you know that BS 5975:2018 – Code of practice for temporary works procedures and the permissible stress design of fal...
Posted 21 Sep 2017
Welcome to Great Britain Health & Wellbeing Week Great Britain Health and Wellbeing Week 2017 23td October to 27th October Good heal...
Posted 28 Jun 2017