Emergency First Aid at Work course
22 January 2016
The course will provide theoretical and practical training in basic life saving first aid.
Every employer, even those with less than five employees, must carry out an assessment of the risk in their workplace and must decide what level of First Aid provision they must provide. Issues to consider could include the type of work activities taking place, what possible injuries might occur, the size of the workplace, the layout of the workplace, the proximity to emergency services etc.. Consideration must also be given to making sure that there is sufficient number of trained personnel to cover sickness, annual leave etc.. Where injuries in the workplace are likely to be relatively minor, such as cuts, then this course may be more suitable than the full 3 day First Aid at Work.
At the end of the course, delegates will be trained to act as Emergency First Aider in their workplace.
Course Content – as required by The Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 (as amended)
- The Role of the First Aider
- The priorities of first aid
- The importance of preventing Cross Infection
- Managing an accident – Assessing the Situation – Act SAFE act PROMPTLY – be Effective
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty – The Recovery Position
- The Choking Casualty
- Shock – Recognition, Cause – Treatment
- Wounds and the control of bleeding
- Common minor workplace injuries – cuts, grazes, bruises, splinters, minor burns and scalds
- Recording incidents and First Aid actions
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018
As you are aware the CITB have developed a National Training Directory which lists all construction and construction related training that will b...
Posted 24 Apr 2018
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018