IOSH Managing Safely in Construction
21/22 March & 11/12 April 2017
The IOSH accredited course has been designed to provide delegates with a sound overview and understanding of the typical health and safety issues to be considered and managed within the construction industry and those sectors associated with it. The course covers the standard IOSH ‘Managing Safely’ domain material but also industry specific theory and practice, which is delivered within an engaging environment using relevant scenarios for anyone working within construction.
The tutors are competent and time served in both health and safety and the industry itself, so all scenarios and examples discussed will be relevant in-line with current best practice. In addition, the tutors are interactive and engaging by nature: both of which are essential to the success and added value of any training course!
The course is designed to be run in either a modular format (i.e. 4 x 1 or 2 x 2 days) or in 4 days in succession and the content can be tailored to suit the requirements of specific organisations, their procedures and their typical working environments.
The content includes:
- The English legal system
- Construction related legislation
- Practical risk assessment and applying the hierarchy of control
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Safety on site
- Fire prevention and management
- Confined space safety
- Work equipment, machinery and lifting operation safety
- Health on site (including avoiding musculoskeletal disorders and the management of hazardous substances, noise and vibration)
- Introduction to environmental management on site (specifically aspect and impact identification, waste and pollution management)
- Human factors and behaviours
- Monitoring performance
Who should attend:
The course is suitable for anyone working within the industry and compliments senior managers courses and those specifically related to health and environmental management.
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Steve Hails MSc, CMIOSH, PIEMA Chartered Safety & Health Practitioner Director of Health, Safety & Wellbeing Tideway A Chartered Member ...
Posted 28 Jun 2017
Another well successful and well attended even with 200 + guest on Thursday 23rd March at the Radisson Blu Hotel, London. The guests were kept en...
Posted 02 May 2017
Jim C Laney – Life Vice-President 1930 – 2017 It is with great sadness to inform you that our life Vice-President J C Laney sadly pa...
Posted 23 Jan 2017
Full details will be available shortly...
Posted 05 Oct 2016