Mental Health First Aid 2-day Course
10/11 May 2018
6/7 August 2018 – FULL
24/25 September 2018
12/13 November 2018
The cost for the two-day MHFA course has been reduced and subsidised by CHSG to full fill its charity status.
£100 per person
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Adult MHFA courses can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population.
Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issue.
Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
What will I learn on a two day MHFA course?
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid Skills:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
How will becoming a Mental Health First Aider help?
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues
and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
All attendees will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources, When you have completed the course you will also receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aid England Certification
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
As you are aware, a major review of the 5975 Code of Practice has been under way for some time. That work is now nearing completion and the fin...
Posted 08 Aug 2018
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018
As you are aware the CITB have developed a National Training Directory which lists all construction and construction related training that will b...
Posted 24 Apr 2018