Mental Health First Aid 2-day Course
Due to members request following the January Monthly Meeting on Mental Health First Aid, CHSG is pleased to offer (members and non-member companies) a 2-day subsidised Mental Health First Aid course to fulfill its Charity Status.
The open course will be held at the John Ryder Training Centre, Chertsey.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Adult MHFA courses can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population.
Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issue.
Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
What will I learn on a two day MHFA course?
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid Skills:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
How will becoming a Mental Health First Aider help?
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues
and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
All attendees will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources, When you have completed the course you will also receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Places are limited to two per company
3/4 April 2017 – FULL
1/2 June 2017 – FULL
6/7 September 2017
3/4 October 2017
6/7 November 2017
A contribution of £20 per person per course will be charged this amount is to cover refreshments and certification.
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
The Beaumont Safety Trophy is awarded annually to the individual or company for the best new device or method of working impleme...
Posted 25 Sep 2017
Steve Hails MSc, CMIOSH, PIEMA Chartered Safety & Health Practitioner Director of Health, Safety & Wellbeing Tideway A Chartered Member ...
Posted 28 Jun 2017
Another well successful and well attended even with 200 + guest on Thursday 23rd March at the Radisson Blu Hotel, London. The guests were kept en...
Posted 02 May 2017
Due to members request CHSG will be offering the Mental Health First Aid Lite course. CHSG is offering this open course to members and non-member...
Posted 11 Apr 2017