Workplace MHFA Half Day
Dates – 2019
27th March 2019
30th May 2019
22nd August 2019
The cost for the half day Workplace MHFA half day course has been reduced and subsidised by CHSG to fulfill it’s charity status.
What is Mental Health?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Adult MHFA course can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population.
Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issue.
Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
What Will I Learn?
This 4 hour introductory mental health awareness session is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- What is mental health?
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- the Mental Health Continuum
- Thinking distortions
- Mental health conditions
- Anxiety disorders
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Bipolar disorders
- Eating disorder
- Mental health and risk: suicide and self-harm
- Stigma and mental health issues
- Take 10 Together toolkit – tips for supportive conversations
- Helpful resources
- Useful statistics
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support one’s own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health First Aid Aware
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
FRIDAY 26TH JULY 2019 (AM) The Group is pleased to announce a date has now been confirmed for the half day seminar on the new version of BS5975 w...
Posted 21 Jun 2019
View the highlights from CHSG’s 2018 annual awards dinner hosted in March 2019. The 2018 Construction Health & Safety Group’s Ann...
Posted 19 Jun 2019
From magicians to stand-up comedy and prestigious awards, the 2019 Annual Awards broke previous records. The 2019 Construction Health & Safet...
Posted 04 Jun 2019
CHSG would like to wish Paul Hems every success on 2019 London Marathon. Paul is joining the push back by running the 2019 Virgin Lond...
Posted 07 Mar 2019