Workplace MHFA Half Day
26 September 2018
The cost for the half day Workplace MHFA half day course has been reduced and subsidised by CHSG to full fill it’s charity status.
What is Mental Health?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Adult MHFA course can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population.
Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issue.
Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
What Will I Learn?
This 4 hour introductory mental health awareness session is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- What is mental health?
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- the Mental Health Continuum
- Thinking distortions
- Mental health conditions
- Anxiety disorders
- Psychosis and schizophrenia
- Bipolar disorders
- Eating disorder
- Mental health and risk: suicide and self-harm
- Stigma and mental health issues
- Take 10 Together toolkit – tips for supportive conversations
- Helpful resources
- Useful statistics
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support one’s own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health First Aid Aware
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018
As you are aware the CITB have developed a National Training Directory which lists all construction and construction related training that will b...
Posted 24 Apr 2018
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018