NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
The course will run on a two-day a week basis dates are as follows:
August – 28/29
September – 3/4/10/11/17/18/24/25
October – 1/2/15/16/17
Exam will be held on Friday 9th November 2018
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety has been offered since 1989 and is established as a leading health and safety qualification for the construction industry, with over 1500 successful candidates.
The standard of English required by candidates studying for the NEBOSH National Certificate must be such that they can both understand and articulate the conceps contained in the syllabus.
There are no specific barriers, in terms of academic qualifications, skills or experience to entry to the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate prrogramme. However, it should be noted that currently the assessments are offered, and must be answered, in English only. The qualification includes a requirement to write a short report based on the candidates own workplace, which must also be in English.
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers winthin the construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to to discharge more effectively their duties with respect to health and safety in construction activities.
Key Topics Covered
Unit NGC1 – Mangement of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2 – Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Element 3 – Health and safety management systems – Do
- Element 4 – Health and safety management systems – Check
- Element 5 – Health and safety management systems – Act
Unit NCC1 – Managing and Controlling hazards in construction activities
- Element 1 – Construction law and management
- Element 2 – Construction site – hazards and risk control
- Element 3 – Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and risk control
- Element 4 – Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 5 – Work equipment – hazards and risk control
- Element 6 – Electrical safety
- Element 7 – Fire safety
- Element 8 – Chemical and biological health – harzards and risk control
- Element 9 – Physical and psychological health – hazards and risk control
- Element 10 – Working at height – hazards and risk control
- Element 11 – Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
- Element 12 – Demolition and deconstruction – hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2 – Construction Health and Safety practical application
- Purpose and aim
- Assessment location
- Assessment requirements
- Submission of completed work
- Further information
15 day based on 2 days per week
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018
As you are aware the CITB have developed a National Training Directory which lists all construction and construction related training that will b...
Posted 24 Apr 2018
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018