NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
The course will run on a two-day a week basis dates are as follows:
October 2019 – 29/30/31
November 2019 -5/6/7/12/13/19/20
December 2019 – 10/11/17/18/19
Exam date to be confirmed in due course
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety has been offered since 1989 and is established as a leading health and safety qualification for the construction industry, with over 1500 successful candidates.
The standard of English required by candidates studying for the NEBOSH National Certificate must be such that they can both understand and articulate the conceps contained in the syllabus.
There are no specific barriers, in terms of academic qualifications, skills or experience to entry to the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate prrogramme. However, it should be noted that currently the assessments are offered, and must be answered, in English only. The qualification includes a requirement to write a short report based on the candidates own workplace, which must also be in English.
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers winthin the construction industry and is designed to provide a sound breadth of underpinning knowledge that enables them to to discharge more effectively their duties with respect to health and safety in construction activities.
Key Topics Covered
Unit NGC1 – Mangement of Health & Safety
- Element 1 – Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2 – Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Element 3 – Health and safety management systems – Do
- Element 4 – Health and safety management systems – Check
- Element 5 – Health and safety management systems – Act
Unit NCC1 – Managing and Controlling hazards in construction activities
- Element 1 – Construction law and management
- Element 2 – Construction site – hazards and risk control
- Element 3 – Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and risk control
- Element 4 – Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 5 – Work equipment – hazards and risk control
- Element 6 – Electrical safety
- Element 7 – Fire safety
- Element 8 – Chemical and biological health – harzards and risk control
- Element 9 – Physical and psychological health – hazards and risk control
- Element 10 – Working at height – hazards and risk control
- Element 11 – Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
- Element 12 – Demolition and deconstruction – hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2 – Construction Health and Safety practical application
- Purpose and aim
- Assessment location
- Assessment requirements
- Submission of completed work
- Further information
15 day based on 2 days per week
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
The Construction Health and Safety Group is proud to announce that we have produced an A6 booklet to summaries the new BS 5975: 2019 Code of Prac...
Posted 15 Aug 2019
CHSG’s 2020 Annual Awards Dinner Date Revealed! Thursday 16th April 2020 Following the success of previous years, CHSG have confir...
Posted 15 Jul 2019
Pinsent Mason Free event......
Posted 27 Jun 2019
View the highlights from CHSG’s 2018 annual awards dinner hosted in March 2019. The 2018 Construction Health & Safety Group’s Ann...
Posted 19 Jun 2019