SMSTS 2-day refresher
27/28 February 2018
10/11 May 2018
5/6 September 2018
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme – Refresher (SMSTS-R) course is for delegates who have previously passed the full SMSTS course or subsequent refresher course, and can provide proof of attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics many building on the previous five-day course programme, as well as introducing new subjects.
Aims and objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues; and
- identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
- all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which effects them in their role as a manager
- new guidance and industry best practice
- their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The course overs the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Regulations relevant to the construction industry. It also covers recent changes to regulations, approved code of practice and working practices.
- regulations up-date and overview
- fire prevention and control
- risk assessment
- accident reporting, investigation, prevention and control
- management of health on site
- behavior-based safety
- drugs and alcohol misuse
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018
The Beaumont Safety Trophy is awarded annually to the individual or company for the best new device or method of working impleme...
Posted 25 Sep 2017
We are pleased to let you know that BS 5975:2018 – Code of practice for temporary works procedures and the permissible stress design of fal...
Posted 21 Sep 2017
Welcome to Great Britain Health & Wellbeing Week Great Britain Health and Wellbeing Week 2017 23td October to 27th October Good heal...
Posted 28 Jun 2017