SMSTS 2-day refresher
25/26 October 2018
27/28 February 2019
13/14 May 2019
8/9 August 2019
30/31 October 2019
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme – Refresher (SMSTS-R) course is for delegates who have previously passed the full SMSTS course or subsequent refresher course, and can provide proof of attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics many building on the previous five-day course programme, as well as introducing new subjects.
Aims and objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues; and
- identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
- all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which effects them in their role as a manager
- new guidance and industry best practice
- their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The course overs the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Regulations relevant to the construction industry. It also covers recent changes to regulations, approved code of practice and working practices.
- regulations up-date and overview
- fire prevention and control
- risk assessment
- accident reporting, investigation, prevention and control
- management of health on site
- behavior-based safety
- drugs and alcohol misuse
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Posted 13 Nov 2019
The Construction Health and Safety Group is proud to announce that we have produced an A6 booklet to summarises the new BS 5975: 2019 Code of Pra...
Posted 15 Aug 2019
CHSG’s 2020 Annual Awards Dinner Date Revealed! Thursday 14 May 2020 Following the success of previous years, CHSG have confirme...
Posted 15 Jul 2019
Pinsent Mason Free event......
Posted 27 Jun 2019