Temporary Works Appreciation Course
Friday 3 August 2018
This is a half day course for supervisors and managers who have responsibility for the planning or supervision of temporary works processes in order to give them an understanding and appreciation of the temporary works processes that should be followed on site.
It is neither a Temporary Works Co-ordinator, nor Temporary Works Supervisor’s course.
At the end of the course delegates will have an appreciation of the reasons for temporary works processes on site, where and why they should be adopted and the roles and responsibilities of the key people responsible for directly managing the temporary works.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the reasons for implementing temporary works processes on construction projects;
- Have an appreciation of the content of BS 5975: 2008 + A1 2011, guidance and law relating to temporary works;
- Understand the design briefing and control processes within design;
- Understand the different types of temporary works;
- Have an appreciation for the roles and responsibilities for the TWC and TWS
- The importance of TWC
- BS 5795
- TW guidance and law
- Types of TW
- Design requirements for TW
- Types of TW
- The roles of the TWC and TWS
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
CHSG would like to wish Paul Hems every success on 2019 London Marathon. Paul is joining the push back by running the 2019 Virgin Lond...
Posted 07 Mar 2019
As you are aware, a major review of the 5975 Code of Practice has been under way for some time. That work is now nearing completion and the fin...
Posted 08 Aug 2018
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018