Temporary Works Coordinator Training
The courses below will be held at the John Ryder Training Centre, Chertsey, Surrey.
4/5 May 2016
5/6 July 2016
6/7 September 2016
8/9 November 2016
This two-day course aims to improve delegates’ ability to manage and supervise the temporary works process and is designed for those involved with the planning, procurement & managing of temporary works including those who may undertake a Temporary Works Co-ordinator role.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Understand the need for temporary works policy and procedure
- Understand the background to temporary works Codes of Practice and relevant regulations
including HASAWA, LOLER, PUWER, Work at Height & Management of Health and Safety at Work Regs.
- Be aware of the roles and responsibilities of designers and other parties identified in CDM
- Understand the contents of a design brief, the various levels of design and design checking
- Understand and prepare a temporary works register including the monitoring of temporary works design
- Recognise the different levels of risks associated with varying temporary works schemes
- Produce a risk assessment/method statement for relatively straight forward temporary works
- Understand the duties of various parties involved with temporary works including subcontractors
- Understand the role of the Principal Contractor in relation to the selection and
appointment of TWC’s , the selection and appointment of TWS’s
- Various forms of Temporary Works
- Temporary Works case studies, policy & procedures
- BS5975:2008 + A1:2011
- CDM Regulations
- Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Temporary Works Register & Design
- Design checks & Standard solutions
- Temporary Works Co-ordinators, role and duties
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
The official launch of the refurbished John Ryder Training Centre, Wednesday 20 April 2016........
Posted 09 Mar 2016
Please be aware of the following changes to the Site Safety Plus Scheme Rules with effect from Monday 7th September 2015. As of Monday 7th...
Posted 02 Sep 2015
JSP are holding a dust awareness seminar at the Radisson Blu Hotel, London prior to CHSG Annual Dinner on Thursday 12th March at 2pmR...
Posted 30 Jan 2015
Draft Guidance on The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 are now available to download free. Click on the link below for a...
Posted 13 Jan 2015