GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
- The Construction Health and Safety Group, a registered charity, provides accredited health and safety training to the construction industry from premises at the John Ryder Training Centre, St Ann’s Road, Chertsey, Surrey
- This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process as a data controller when providing training for courses CHSG accredits, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our ICO registration number is Z6032900.
What personal data do we process?
- The personal data we process include:
- Names, contact details DOB and NI numbers;
- Exam results.
Why do CHSG process personal data and what is the legal basis for doing so?
- We process the personal data of course delegates because it is in our legitimate interest to do so as a training provider. Without this information we would not be able to provide the requested training and certification to the individual.
Where do we collect the personal data from and whom do we share personal data with?
- We collect personal data from individuals mostly. Occasionally we may collect names and email addresses from their employers.
- Personal data is shared internally and externally strictly on a need to know basis.
- Delegates’ personal information is shared with tutors since it is in our legitimate interest to do so in order to provide training and certification.
- Contact details may be shared with others on the same course with consent.
- Attendance records and examination results are provided to us by tutors, and may be shared with delegates’ employers where they have arranged and paid for the training course. They have a legitimate interest in having this information.
- We may also share personal data with IT and other office support providers, pursuant to GDPR compliant contracts, because it is in our legitimate interest to do so in order to run our Training Centre. Our contractors are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long does CHSG keep personal data for?
- We generally keep personal data for six and a half years. Very occasionally it may be necessary to keep personal data for longer.
- We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include:
- Right to be informed about what we do with your personal data;
- Right to have a copy of all the personal information we process about you;
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate data we process, and to add to the information we hold about you if it is incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed;
- Right to restrict or “block” the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest;
Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you have questions about your personal data please contact our data protection lead, Sera Martorana, at email@example.com.
You may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1
The Construction Health and Safety Group is proud to announce that we have produced an A6 booklet to summaries the new BS 5975: 2019 Code of Prac...
Posted 15 Aug 2019
CHSG’s 2020 Annual Awards Dinner Date Revealed! Thursday 16th April 2020 Following the success of previous years, CHSG have confir...
Posted 15 Jul 2019
Pinsent Mason Free event......
Posted 27 Jun 2019
View the highlights from CHSG’s 2018 annual awards dinner hosted in March 2019. The 2018 Construction Health & Safety Group’s Ann...
Posted 19 Jun 2019