One-Day Health and Safety Awareness Training
The above prices include administration fee and course handout material
6th March 2018
10th August 2018
12th September 2018
This one-day course is designed to help those who are about to or have just begun work in industry to understand the potential hazards they face on site.
It provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, identifying the delegate’s responsibility for looking after themselves and others; outlines they employer’s duties; and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The course is an ideal foundation for those wishing to obtain an industry accreditation card.
The course is also an alternative route to the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment for the CSCS Labourer Card.
Aims and objectives
The course aims to ensure that individual responsiblities are understood:
- why they are carrying out their identified duties
- what is expected of them
- how they contribute to the safety of the workplace
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- understand the need to prevent accidents
- have an understanding of health and safety law
- identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site
- understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- appreciate the need to perform safely, and to stop and ask for advise if not sure
- report unsafe acts to prevent an accident
- general responsibilities
- accident prevention and recording
- health and welfare
- dust and fumes (Respiratory risks)
- manual handling
- work at height
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- first aid and emergency procedures
- fire prevention and control
- hazardous substances
- electrical safety and hand-held tools and equipment
- noise and vibration
- site transport safety
- excavations and confined spaces
- safety signs and signal
- All delegates are required to bring some form of photographic identification along on the day of the course. Where identification evidence is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
- All delegates attending the course are to have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
CITB certification upon successful completion of course
For general enquiries email us at
Book this Course
Posted 24 May 2018
The CHSG office is based in Chertsey, Surrey with good access to M25 and M3 with sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walki...
Posted 03 May 2018
As you are aware the CITB have developed a National Training Directory which lists all construction and construction related training that will b...
Posted 24 Apr 2018
As of 2nd January 2018 CITB have introduce the following mandatory requirements for all delegates attending the SSP Courses. All delegates are re...
Posted 26 Jan 2018