Launch of New Website in…
The Group is committed to excellence in safety training and enjoys a reputation build over more than 65 years for such excellence. As part of its policy of maintaining and improving on these high standards the Group aspires to the requirements of BS EN 9001: 2015 Quality Management System.
A copy of our QM Policy is available upon request.
The Construction Health and Safety Group (CHSG) was formed in 1952 and is a company limited by guarantee, with charitable status.
CHSG is a recognised and respected provider of quality training and support to construction and associated industries.
Our aims are:
- To protect and preserve occupational health and safety in the Construction Industry
- To study those aspects of the industry and related operations necessary to improve occupational health and safety and to arrange and provide suitable training to meet these needs
- To foster and develop co-operation between government, employers and trade unions in matters concerning health and safety.
To do this we:
- Maintain close and regular contact with organisations and bodies like the Health & Safety Executive, British Standards, other health and safety organisations like the British Safety Council, ROSPA, IOSH, NEBOSH, CSkills.
- Make sure our training courses are current and valid and meet industry needs and, where appropriate, are accredited to the appropriate examining bodies
- Make sure our trainers are competent, ie have the right mix of qualifications, industry experience and training skills, that they keep up to date with legislative and industry changes
- Communicate with our members to make sure we are providing the level of training and support that they require
- Hold monthly meetings with presentations from industry specialists on topics that are current and relevant. Providing a forum for members to discuss relevant topics and best practice
- Working closely with the Health & Safety Executive to support the construction and associated industries, assist them with maintaining legislative compliance and promoting safe working practices
- Training is provided in a relaxed atmosphere at our training centre in Chertsey. The three lecture rooms are air conditioned with modern audio visual equipment.
Where to find us: Located just an hour outside central London, we are easy to get to either via road or public transport.
Here is what to put into your Sat Nav:
John Ryder Training Centre
St Ann’s Road