Questions and Answers
What is the Aim of the Course?
To enable the Fire Safety Co-Ordinator to have a greater understanding of fire prevention and fire safety requirements within and about the buildings under construction.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Those looking to undertake the role of Fire Co-ordinator or Fire Safety Co-ordinator and how this integrates with other fire safety professionals and site roles following recent fire regulation updates.
What is the Course Content?
- Have a greater understanding of fire prevention and fire safety requirements within all aspects of construction sites.
- Understand the importance of the fire strategy, fire plan, fire risk assessment (FRA) and fire auditors as well as all related fire documents and checks.
- Actively engage in practical case studies and examples based on site practices using associated site documentation and data.
- Recognise the importance of fire safety management during construction projects, understand the specific legislation linked to the management, and control of fire hazards and risks during construction related activities.
- Focus on developing the basic skills for understanding a construction FRA, and common fire hazards, so that the Fire Co-ordinator can develop the construction fire safety plan and site drawing(s).
- Understand the broad role and responsibilities of a Fire Co-ordinator and how this integrates with other fire safety professionals and site roles.
- Understand the broad design risks and specific risks of demolition, soft strip, as well as all of the associated risks during various construction stages.
- Understand the requirements for setting up site to manage fire risks including classes of fire and fire fighting equipment documentation, fire and rescue service requirements, and higher risk construction activities – for example hot works.
Is There Any Additional Homework?
Is There Joining Criteria?
- 2023 Dates: Two day course, 28th & 29th September
- Location: Face to face at our Chertsey Centre
- Grants & Discounts Available: CHSG Membership discount eligible
- Qualification: CHSG 5 year certification