This half day course has been developed by MHFA England to allow existing Mental Health First Aiders and Champions to refresh their MHFA Skills.
Delegates attending the Adult MHFA Refresher course will refresh their knowledge of:
- Mental Health and what influences it
- How to recognise the main signs of mental ill health
- How to provide initial help
- How to guide the person towards appropriate professional help
- How to be mindful of their own welbeing
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions, film clips and workshops activities. The session covers:
- A reminder of the role of the Mental Health First Aider
- Stress and other factors which influence mental health
- Mental Health Continuum and stigma
- Frame of reference and non-judgment
- Reminder of ALGEE
- Common mental ill health
- First aid for suicide crisis and psychosis
- Other mental health conditions
- A chance to practice MHFA skills
- Self-care, wellbeing and recovery
Completing the Course
All delegates will received the Mental Health Refresh integrated manual and workbook.
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Center opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, the course commences at 9am and finish at approx 5pm , unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions. Refreshments are included on all courses (lunch is included on full day courses only).
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance of the John Ryder Training Centre.
For those that use public transport, Chertsey if served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.
Included here is a Google Map of the location.