This one-day course is designed for anyone responsible for the planning and overseeing of the use of MEWP’s in any industry, including construction.
Upon successful completion of this course, which includes passing the written test, you will receive an IPAF certificate, which is proof that you have been trained to manage the use of MEWP’s on site.
This course covers all the relevant legislation and standards, ensuring that managers:
- Understand the different types of MEWP’s and how to select the right one for the job
- Know exactly how to plan and supervise the use of MEWP’s
- Can implement effective accident prevention and control strategies
- Understand operator training and familiarisation requirements
- Learn what factors to consider before entering a hire contract
- Recognise how inspection, pre-use and the daily maintenance of machines is so important in helping to protect your organisation.
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Center opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, the course commences at 9am and finish at approx 5pm , unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions. Refreshments are included on all courses (lunch is included on full day courses only).
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance of the John Ryder Training Centre.
For those that use public transport, Chertsey if served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.
Included here is a Google Map of the location.
Request Course Dates
To request to book onto this course you will need to complete this course enquiry form, clearly stating which course you would like to book, what dates you would prefer and include your personal details.
Dates are available on request.