This three-day Scaffold Inspection Course designed by CISRS contains more demanding content than the hitherto popular 1-day training course. This scheme provides a consistent and more in-depth basis to an important qualification as evidence of competence and capability.
Specifically designed for experience scaffold inspectors, management and supervisors this course is valid as a qualification for 5 years, at which point the qualification will have to be repeated.
The course will cover the following topic areas:
- Basic scaffolding types;
- Definitions and terminology;
- Interior birdcage scaffolding;
- Temporary edge protection;
- Openings and Bridges;
- Putlog scaffolds;
- Chimney-stack scaffolding;
- Splayed bays and returns;
- Independent scaffolding;
- Protection of the public;
- Legal overview;
- Handling materials on scaffolding;
- Access scaffolds for frame construction;
- Design Appreciation;
- Role of an inspector;
- Statutory scaffold inspection in practice;
- TG20: 13;
- Scaffolding components;
- Foundations and ground conditions;
- Working platforms;
- Methods of access and egress;
- Ties and stability, and;
- Industry performance standards.
All applicants must hold a valid H S & E test taken in the last 2 years.
CISRS do accept some other industry recognised Health & Safety qualifications as an exemption to the H S & E test . The criteria listed below must be complete.
After the successful completion of this course you will be awarded the CISRS certificate and CHSG will apply for your inspection card. The inspection card will come at an additional cost of £30.00 inclusive of VAT and is included in your course cost upon checkout.
One of the following pre-requisites is required for attending this course:
- You must hold one of the following cards:
- A current CISRS Scaffolder card;
- A current CISRS Advanced card;
- A current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisors card, or;
- A current or expired CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course to renew card.
- You have previously attended a one-day scaffold inspection/awareness course at least 2 years prior to this course.
- You have worked in one of theses roles for over two years (you must provide a CV and letter from your employer to confirm awareness of scaffold structures gained from role):
- Scaffold Designer
- Contractors Manager
- Site Agent/Manager
- H & S Manager
- HSE Inspector
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Center opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, the course commences at 9am and finish at approx 5pm , unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions. Refreshments are included on all courses (lunch is included on full day courses only).
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance of the John Ryder Training Centre.
For those that use public transport, Chertsey if served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.