This half day course will cover the key changes to the BS 5975: 2019 including:
- Far more detail on control measures and organisational arrangements
- A fuller explanation of the key roles, duties and appointment arrangements.
- The new sections including the control of risks
- Much more detail with respect to designers’ duties and procedures, including each type of designer.
The latest version brings this standard up to date with CDM 2015 and explains in far more detail the procedures for a wide range of organisations and contractual arrangements, all of which will be covered in this session.
- Key changes
- Definition of TW
- General principles
- Site considerations
- Organisations/project arrangements
- Key roles: Director, Temporary Works Co-ordinator and Temporary Works Supervisor
- Design suppliers/Manufacturers
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Centre opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, but this course commences at 9am and will finish at approx 5pm, unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions you receive.
Refreshments are included on all courses, but NO LUNCH is currently provided, but there are lots of lunch options within walking distance of the centre.
Please ensure you have read the joining instructions before arriving at our training centre.
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance.
For those using public transport, Chertsey is served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.