This one day course focuses on the on-site management of Fire Safety, specifically designed for those who are responsible for fire safety and fire risk assessment on construction sites.
There is a focus on on-site management of Fire Safety, including; escape, fire extinguishing systems and the handling and storage of dangerous and flammable goods on site. This is followed by a detailed breakdown of the identification of fire hazards, risks, reduction of those risks and the management of those risks on construction sites.
Basic fire safety knowledge is beneficial before attending this course.
The course content has been specifically tailored for the Construction Industry. Delegates will be encouraged to work in syndicates throughout. The course covers the following topics:
- Legal requirements
- ODPM Guidance documents and PAS 79 systems
- The Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004
- The Fire Safety Order 2005
- The responsible person, meaning and duties
- Powers of inspectors – enforcement notices
- Fire theory – combustion process, heat, smoke and fire travel, sources of ignition, sources of combustion
- Emergency and evacuation procedures
- Workplace fire safety inspections
- The Fire Risk Assessment process – 5 principal stages of Fire Risk Assessment
- Practical fire risk assessment includes area visit and completion of a PAS 79 style FRA document and a “report to senior managers” exercise.
The course will conclude with a short test.
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Center opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, the course commences at 9am and finish at approx 5pm , unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions. Refreshments are included on all courses (lunch is included on full day courses only).
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance of the John Ryder Training Centre.
For those that use public transport, Chertsey if served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.
Included here is a Google Map of the location.
Request Course Dates
To request to book onto this course you will need to complete this course enquiry form, clearly stating which course you would like to book, what dates you would prefer and include your personal details.
Dates are provided upon enquiry.