The extensive course content should enable delegates to understand more about scaffold structures, including complex scaffolds and to recognise a wide range of defects and scaffold design issues to be in a position to competently discuss them with the scaffold company and their designers.
- TG20 Compliant configurations:
- Basic scaffold requirements
- More complex designed applications
- BS5975 Temporary Works Procedures
- Scaffold Guidance documents – Fault finding/scaffold failures
- Loads/forces in components
- Wind force factors
- Ground conditions/Foundations
- Scaffold Anchors – selection and testing
- Key Applications:
- TemporaryRoofs – Shoring structures,
- Staircase, Loading Towers & Beams
- Reading and evaluating drawings
- Checking more complex scaffolds
One of the following pre-requisites is required:
- The individual has worked in one of these roles for over two years, and a CV together with a letter from the employer to confirm awareness gained from the role:
- Scaffold designer
- Contracts and Project Manager
- Site Agent/Manager
- H & S Manager
- Or, have attended the three-day CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection Course.
Upon successful completion of the assessment the individual will be awarded a CHSG certificate, which is valid for 5 years.