This three-day Basic Scaffold Inspection course designed by CISRS contains more demanding content than the hitherto popular 1-day training course. This scheme provides a consistent and more in-depth basis to an important qualification as evidence of competence and capability.
Specifically designed for experienced scaffold inspectors, management and supervisors, this course is valid as a qualification for 5 years, at which point the qualification will have to be repeated.
The course will cover the following topic areas:
- Basic scaffolding types
- Definitions and terminology
- Interior birdcage scaffolding
- Temporary edge protection
- Openings and Bridges
- Putlog scaffolds
- Chimney-stack scaffolding
- Splayed bays and returns
- Independent scaffolding
- Protection of the public
- Legal overview
- Handling materials on scaffolding
- Access scaffolds for frame construction
- Design appreciation
- Role of an inspector
- Statutory scaffold inspection in practice
- TG20: 21
- Scaffolding components
- Foundations and ground conditions
- Working platforms
- Methods of access and egress
- Ties and stability, and
- Industry performance standards
After the successful completion of this course delegates will be awarded the CISRS certificate and CHSG will apply for your inspection card. The inspection card will come at an additional cost of £33.00 inclusive of VAT and is included in the course cost upon checkout.
All applicants must have taken a HSE test within the last 2 years. Other exemptions are accepted as below:
- Completion of CISRS Recognised Scaffolding Apprenticeship Induction (Initial Trainee card only)
- IOSH Working Safely/IOSH Managing Safely/IOSH Directing Safely/ IOSH Supervising Safely (Within 2 years)
- FAS Safe Pass
- NEBOSH (General/Construction/International) H&S Certificate (within 2 years)
- SMSTS & SMSTS Refresher Certificate (within 2 years)
- SSSTS & SSSTS Refresher Certificate (within 2 years)
- Current CCNSG Safety Passport (SCATS)
- Current CCNSG Leading a Team Safely (SCATS)
- Current MIST/BOSIET/OPITO Approved Offshore Certificate
Proof of the above will be required.
The joining criteria listed below must also be complete.
One of the following pre-requisites is required for attending this course:
- You must hold one of the following cards:
- A current CISRS Scaffolder card;
- A current CISRS Advanced card;
- A current CISRS Scaffolding Supervisors card, or;
- A current or expired CISRS Basic Inspection card and is attending the course to renew card
2. You have previously attended a one-day scaffold inspection/awareness course at least 2 years prior to this course.
3. You have worked in one of these roles for over two years (you must provide a CV and letter from your employer to confirm awareness of scaffold structures gained from role):
- Scaffold Designer
- Contractor Manager
- Site Agent/Manager
- H & S Manager
- HSE Inspector
Pre-requisites must be sent to the CHSG Team at least 24 working hours prior to the start of the course, whereby they will be assessed on eligibility. Failure to do so will mean the delegate will be refused entry onto the course and will be charged at full price.
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Centre opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, but this course commences at 9am and will finish at approx 5pm, unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions you receive.
Refreshments are included on all courses, but NO LUNCH is currently provided, but there are lots of lunch options within walking distance of the centre.
Please ensure you have read the joining instructions before arriving at our training centre.
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance.
For those using public transport, Chertsey is served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.