The Temporary Works General Awareness course is designed to:
- Raise awareness and impart knowledge of what constitutes temporary works, how they are used, their safety critical importance, common temporary works issues, and the temporary works management process;
- Raise awareness of the roles and responsibilities involved in temporary works process;
- Set a common standard across the industry that can be accepted with confidence, and;
- Allow a transferable knowledge base between employers, thus avoiding unnecessary supplementary training.
This course is run over 1 day and a CITB certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.
This course will cover the following areas:
- function of module,
- background, legislation and relevant standards,
- roles, responsibilities, competencies and training,
- knowing when temporary works need to be designed and who is competent to carry out designs and design checking,
- designers risk assessments and residual risks,
- tutorial to identify temporary works and classify risks,
- update on the latest industry guidance and sources of further information, and;
- specific examples of the use and management of temporary works relating to target audience.
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Center opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, the course commences at 9am and finish at approx 5pm , unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions.
Refreshments are included on all courses, but NO LUNCH is currently provided on any of our courses. Please ensure you have read the joining instructions before arriving at our training centre.
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance of the John Ryder Training Centre.
For those that use public transport, Chertsey if served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.