- To understand the Basic Principals of fire and fire spread
- To understand the law regarding fire safety and enforcement on Construction sites.
- To understand the forthcoming role of the HSE v BSR
- To have a greater awareness of fire hazards on site
- To understand how fire can spread through a building during certain stages of Construction
- To understand the effects of a fire on the building structure
- To understand compartmentation, fire doors and how compartmentation can be breached during construction/ fit-out and refurbishment works.
- To understand fire detection, suppression systems and emergency lighting. Both in the temporary and permanent stages of the construction build.
Aims of the Course
- Describe the role of the Fire safety Co-Ordinator
- Outline the need to pre-plan fire safety arrangements
- Outline the contents of the Construction Phase Plan
- Identify the need to produce and review FRA’s
- Outline specific management responsibilities for high fire risk activities
- Overview a fire logbook
- Produce a fire safety inspection checklist
- Define the effective emergency planning arrangements
- Explain the need for regular fire evacuation practices.