The SMSTS two-day refresher course aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving an overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course will build on the content covered in the previous five-day course programme.
By the end of this refresher course you will be aware of and able to implement:
- All updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation, which affects your role as a manager;
- New guidance and industry best practice, and;
- Your duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The course covers the Health and Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry, It also covers recent changes to regulations, approved code of practice and working practices.
The SMSTS refresher course will cover the following topic areas:
- Regulations update and overview;
- Fire prevention and control;
- Risk Assessment;
- Accident reporting, investigation, prevention and control;
- Management of health onsite;
- Behaviour -based safety, and;
- Drugs and alcohol abuse.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a CITB certificate.
CITB SSP Courses - Mandatory Requirements
You will be required to bring some form of photographic identification with you on the day of your course. Where identification is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
In order to attend this course you must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
For the SMSTS Refresher course, prior to attending the course, you are required to provide a copy of your current CITB SMSTS Certificate. You can email this certificate to our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a course requirement.
All remote training is conducted online through Zoom. You’ll be sent joining instructions after you’ve booked and paid for your place on the course.