This refresher course aims to update your knowledge on the current trends within the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) direction of enforcement, alongside any recent developments within construction, legislation, health and safety, welfare and environmental issues.
Delegates will also recap the measures that will assist them within the practical implementation of their responsibilities, established by new legislation and working practices.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to implement:
- All updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects your role as a supervisor
- New guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
- Your duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The course will cover the following topic areas:
- Current enforcement priorities
- Health and safety law
- Health and safety at work act
- Health and safety enforcement
- (Regulatory Reform) Fire Order and Fire Prevention
- Occupational health
- Respiratory risks
- Drugs and alcohol
- Risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Hazardous substances – COSHH
- COSHH assessments
- Occupational dermatitis
- COSHH regulations and CDM controls
- Work at height regulations
- Manual handling
Upon successful completion of the course delegates will receive a CITB certificate.
CITB SSP Courses - Mandatory Requirements
Delegates will be required to bring some form of photographic identification with them on the day of their course. Where identification is not provided by a delegate, they will be refused attendance on the course.
In order to attend this course delegates must have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
All remote training is conducted online through Zoom. You’ll be sent joining instructions after you’ve booked and paid for your place on the course.