The Temporary Works General Awareness course is designed to:
- Raise awareness and impart knowledge of what constitutes temporary works, how they are used, their safety critical importance, common temporary works issues, and the temporary works management process;
- Raise awareness of the roles and responsibilities involved in temporary works process;
- Set a common standard across the industry that can be accepted with confidence, and;
- Allow a transferable knowledge base between employers, thus avoiding unnecessary supplementary training.
This course is run over 1 day and a CITB certificate will be awarded upon successful completion.
This course will cover the following areas:
- function of module,
- background, legislation and relevant standards,
- roles, responsibilities, competencies and training,
- knowing when temporary works need to be designed and who is competent to carry out designs and design checking,
- designers risk assessments and residual risks,
- tutorial to identify temporary works and classify risks,
- update on the latest industry guidance and sources of further information, and;
- specific examples of the use and management of temporary works relating to target audience.
All remote training is conducted online through Zoom. You’ll be sent joining instructions after you’ve booked and paid for your place on the course.