Mental Health Aware is an introductory four-hour session aimed at raising awareness of mental health. It is the perfect introductory course for the workplace, with international recognition. By the end of this course you’ll have:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common metal health issues
- An understanding of how to look after your own mental health
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor. Each instructor must have attended the 7 day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health. This adult course is suitable for people aged 16 and over.
Learning takes place through a mixture of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. Throughout this course you will cover the following topics:
- What is mental health?
- Factors which affect mental health (including stigma)
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Overview of common mental health diagnoses
- Take 10 Together toolkit – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Helpful statistics and resources.
All training is conducted at our John Ryder Training Centre in Chertsey. Centre opening hours are 8am to 5.30pm, the course commences at 9am and finish at approx 5pm , unless otherwise stated in the joining instructions. Refreshments are included on all courses (lunch is included on full day courses only).
If you are travelling by road, Chertsey is served by both the M3 and M25. No parking is permitted on the grounds of the Centre, but there is sufficient free parking in and around Chertsey, all within walking distance of the John Ryder Training Centre.
For those that use public transport, Chertsey if served by a good service from Waterloo, changing at Staines, Weybridge or Virginia Water for the Chertsey line. The station is approximately ten minutes walk from the Centre.
If you are attending a two day course and require overnight accommodation, a local hotel list is available upon request.
Included here is a Google Map of the location.