“The first course was superb, all of the candidates really enjoyed it, learned a great deal and are keen to put into practice that which they took away from the package.”
Steve Kelly, Cappagh Browne
Mental Health Aware is the perfect introductory course for the workplace, with international recognition. By the end of this course delegates will have:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common metal health issues
- An understanding of how to look after your own mental health
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Each and every Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course is delivered by a quality assured instructor. Each instructor must have attended the 7 day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
This adult course is suitable for people aged 16 and over.
Learning takes place through a mixture of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. Throughout this course you will cover the following topics:
- What is mental health?
- Factors which affect mental health (including stigma)
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress
- Overview of common mental health diagnoses
- Take 10 Together toolkit – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Helpful statistics and resources
All remote training is conducted online through Zoom. You’ll be sent joining instructions after you’ve booked and paid for your place on the course.