The MHFA Refresher course is delivered over 4 hours and will refresh your knowledge of the following:
- What influences our Mental Health?
- How to recognise the main signs of mental ill health
- How to provide initial help
- How to guide the person towards appropriate professional help
- How to be mindful of their own wellbeing
Learning will include the following:
- A reminder of the role of the Mental Health First Aider
- Stress and other factors which influence mental health
- Mental Health Continuum and stigma
- Frame of reference and non-judgement
- Reminder of ALGEE
- Common mental ill health
- First aid for suicide and psychosis
- Other mental health conditions
- A chance to practise MHFA skills
- Self care, wellbeing and recovery
Full attendance is required for certification.
How Does it Work?
Training will be delivered via Zoom and you will be sent joining instructions prior to the training, which will detail how to join and how the session will work.
At the end of the session you will be asked to complete online feedback and e-certificates will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
The cost of the course includes a copy of the manual and workbook. You will need to provide a postal address for these to be sent to.
Please note that it is not critical for you to have the manual for use during the online session. If you do not receive your copy before the session you can still proceed, as you will be provided with an e-workbook and resources.
All remote training is conducted online through Zoom. You’ll be sent joining instructions after you’ve booked and paid for your place on the course.