We are delighted to confirm that we have two specialist speakers from different manufacturers this month presenting:
Speaker 1: Jonathan Forbes-Brown from Imperial Thermal Engineering Ltd. presenting: Disruptive Technology for the Roofing Industry
We are delighted to welcome Jonathan Forbes-Brown from Imperial Thermal Engineering to present and introduce their ETORCH and EPOT products.
ETORCH is an exciting product that can be used either as a flame-free torches for self-adhesive membranes or as a high speed dryer.
Quick to heat and simple to operate it is the perfect partner product for EPOT which is a hot melt compound heater. This is a new, safe, environmentally friendly and easy to use electric boiler.
Jonathan’s presentation will include:
- Benefits of using an ETORCH and EPOT
- How this equipment can benefit the health ans safety of the workforce involved
- Reducing the fire risk on site
- Reducing the fire risk detailed in the works permit as per JCOP 10.1
- Positive impact on sustainability and reduction in carbon footprint
- No gas bottles required for the work
- Associated risk or insurance cover – how are you subcontractors covered for hot torch working for example
We will also be joined by a representative form Sika, who have been using the equipment and can provide site experience and feedback.
Speaker 2: Matt Humby from Sentura Group Is Our Reliance on Lithium-ion Batteries Safe or Sustainable?
We would like to welcome back Matt Humby from Sentura Group who will be updating us on the following aspects:
- Lithium-ion batteries (LIB) today
- Net Zero – and LIB
- The risks of LIB
- Why and what is thermal runaway
- How best to mitigate this risk – 8 step action plan
- Products on the market
- Fire Standards LIB
We look forward to welcoming you to this excellent double speaker event this month.
Start time: 9.15am for 9.30am
Location: Online or at our Chertsey Centre (John Ryder Training Centre, St Anns Road, Chertsey, KT16 9DG