The Government have made changes to section 156 of the Building Safety Act 2022 (BSA) with respect to the fire safety responsibilities of the Responsible Person.
- To which buildings do these new fire safety requirements apply
- Background to Section 156 of the Building Safety Act 2022
- Duties for all Responsible Persons
- Duties of Responsible Persons for buildings which contain two or more sets of domestic premises
- Other changes to fire safety legislation
Other Changes to Fire Safety Legislation
- Amendment of two other articles in the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety Order) 2005 (RRFSO).
- Article 32 changes the level of fines for offences, which takes effect from 1st October 2023.
- Section 156 of the Building Safety Act 2022 strengthens the status of Article 50 in the RRFSO, with respect to clarity of a “breach of the FSO”.